October 13, 2016
Steven Cornman is an accomplished litigator and trial attorney with experience in complex and multi-party civil litigation. He has fiercely defended his clients against lawsuits on a variety of different issues, including construction defect claims, product liability, construction accident claims, condominium association law, toxic tort law and environmental law.
Using unique legal arguments and a command of case facts, Steven has obtained favorable verdicts and dismissals of claims for corporations, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and geologists statewide, including Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Naples, Melbourne, and Key West. Although too many outstanding results to list here, Steven recently successfully defended a drywall subcontractor at trial in Miami-Dade County against a $35 million property owner claim involving Chinese drywall; and obtained summary judgment in Federal Court for a roofing manufacturer in a lawsuit involving alleged losses exceeding $2 million.
Steven’s successes in and out of the courtroom, as well as the respect he has earned amongst the judiciary and his peers, contributed to him receiving an “AV” rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory -- the highest rating given to practicing attorneys. Steven has also been named a Florida “Super Lawyer” by Law and Politics Magazine, and a Florida “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine. Steven is a shareholder at the Miami office of Kubicki Draper, and participates in marketing, business development, and legal education.
- University of Miami, School of Law, Coral Gables, FL (J.D., 2004)
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK (B.A., 2000)
- State of Florida, 2004
- State of Washington, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor, State of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
Special Awards and Recognitions
- Featured in Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite 2016”, 2016
- "AV Preeminent" Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named Florida “Super Lawyer” by Law and Politics Magazine (2009, 2016)
- Named Florida “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine (2010 – 2015)
Speaking Engagements / Presentations
- "Indemnity Clauses in Construction", Builders, 2015
- "Swimming Pool Liability, Premises Liability Update & FL Condo Law: First and Third Party Claims", CJW, 2014
- Practice Areas