Deborah Bergin is a shareholder in the Orlando office and practices in various areas of defense with a focus on trial litigation. Ms. Bergin received her Juris Doctorate and Masters in Business Administration in 1999 after being dually enrolled at Stetson University.
Ms. Bergin began her legal career as an Assistant State Attorney with the Orange/Osceola County State Attorney's Office in 1999. Over the course of the next three years, she prosecuted misdemeanors, then felonies, including drug trafficking, drug possession, grand theft and fraud cases. Ms. Bergin tried over 20 cases to jury verdict and more than 50 non-jury cases.
In 2002, Ms. Bergin entered private practice in insurance, tort and contract defense, including automobile negligence, premises liability, products liability, construction defect, and wrongful death claims. She has also handled commercial litigation involving contract disputes.
- - Automobile
- - Construction Defect
- - Premises Liability
- - Products Liability
- - Workers Compensation/Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation
- - 2008, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- - 2003, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- - 1999, State of Florida
- - Stetson University, St. Petersburg, FL (J.D., 1999)
- - Stetson University, St. Petersburg, FL (M.B.A., 1999)
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (B.S., 1994)
- - The Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association