Mr. Dichek is an experienced litigator who has a reputation for being aggressive and skillful. He specializes in the practice areas of Fraud/SIU, homeowner's insurance claims, arson, insurance coverage issues, and Personal Injury Protection cases. He also takes Examinations Under Oath and serves as a fee expert in Personal Injury Protection cases. Additionally, Mr. Dichek has extensive experience in handling large scale fraud projects against medical clinics, plaintiffs and doctors, which involve staged accident rings, CPT coding fraud, and fraudulent or non-existent medical treatment.
Mr. Dichek is a board member and active participant of the Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC), the Claims Litigation Management (CLM) Fraud Committee and has participated in several speaking engagements and seminars in the following areas: Advanced SIU Investigations, Pursuing a Civil Fraud and/or RICO Lawsuit, Homeowners Insurance Fraud, Negotiation and Settlement, Filing a Proposal for Settlement, Fraud in the Medical Records, and Personal Injury Protection law.
Mr. Dichek was born in Riverdale, New York. In 2001, he received a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Accounting from the University of Miami. While at the University of Miami, Mr. Dichek was on the Provost and Dean's list. He was an active member of the Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Fraternity and Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. He participated in many charitable events, such as Hurricanes Help the Hometown, Habitat for Humanities, Toys for Tots, and Make a Wish Foundation. After graduation, Mr. Dichek worked at AXA Advisors LLC as a financial planner, specializing in tax and estate planning.
Mr. Dichek is a graduate of Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center. During Law School Mr. Dichek participated in the International Travel Journal, The Innocence Project, and was a member of Phi Alpha Delta. Mr. Dichek was also certified as a Guardian Ad Litem by the Florida Supreme Court and was a Street Law instructor, teaching children about the law.
- Automobile - Arson - Civil Rights Violations - Contract Interpretation and Disputes - Insurance Coverage Issues - Personal Injury Protection - Homeowner Insurance Claims - Property Damage - Examinations Under Oath - Fraud/SIU - Fee Expert
- 2005, State of Florida
- 2008, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- 2009, United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- 2009, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 2009, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (J.D., 2005) Honors: Book Award for Contracts and Real Estate Finance; International Travel Journal, Staff Editor - University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL (B.A., 2001) - "Independent Medical Examinations", Gainsco Insurance, 2013 - "The Future of PIP", Kubicki Draper PIP/SIU Conference, 2013- "Independent Medical Examinations", Windhaven Insurance, 2013- "Ethics for the Claims Professional", Gainsco Insurance, 2013- "Investigating Staged Accidents", Windhaven Insurance, 2013- "SIU: Tips & Tactics", Windhaven Insurance, 2013- "Adjuster/SIU Deposition Strategy", FIFEC, June 2013- "We have Fraud, Can we prove it?", IASIU-South Florida Chapter Meeting, 2013- "Utilization of Motions, Production of Documents and Proposals for Settlements", Gainsco Seminar, May 2013- "Negotiating Small Limits Claims & Significant Changes to the 2013 PIP Statute" Assurance America, April 2013- "Medical Coding", Gainsco Insurance, March 2013- "Significant Changes to the Florida PIP Law & Good Faith Documentation", NARS, March 2013- "How the new PIP statute will affect Claims Handling and BI Claims", Assurance Seminar, January 2013- "Filing a Civil Fraud and/or RICO Lawsuit", United Auto Seminar, November 2012- "Homeowner Insurance Fraud Investigations", FIFEC June 2012 - "Significant Changes in 2013 PIP Statute - Changes in Claims Handling and Expected Litigation Issues" - Kubicki Draper Claims Management Conference - April 2012 - "2013 Personal Injury Protection Statute" - RAC Insurance Seminar - March 2012 - "Hot Topics in Personal Injury Protection Litigation" - Infinity Insurance Seminar - February 2012 - "EUO No Show Cases in Litigation prior to the Custer Ruling - Now What?" Mendota Seminar - January 2012 - "Red Flags for Staged Accidents and Effective Investigations" 21st Century Insurance Seminar - April 2011 - "Medical Coding and Personal Injury Protection" North American Risk Services Seminar - November 2011 - "Examinations Under Oath Not Just Another Deposition and Litigating Fraud and Counterclaims" FIFEC Seminar - June 8, 2011 - "Pattern and Schemes of Fraud and Filing a Fraud Counterclaim Against Medical Clinics" Nationwide Seminar - June 1, 2011 - "Investigative Tools for Defending Staged Accident and Medical Billing Fraud" Geico Seminar - April 11, 2011 - "Investigating Staged Accidents and Taking an effective Examination Under Oath" Liberty Mutual Seminar - March 30, 2011 - "Hot Topics in PIP and taking effective EUO's" Mendota Seminar, February 2011 - Florida Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Dade County Defense Bar Association - Medical Claims Defense Network - Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC), Board Member- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Fraud Committee Member