Bretton Albrecht is an "AV" rated attorney who brings a wealth of experience to the appellate and coverage division at Kubicki Draper. Her practice focuses on appellate litigation, insurance coverage and defense, claim administration, bad faith claims, and complex litigation support.
Before joining Kubicki Draper, Bretton clerked for a number of years at Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeal, where she served as a senior staff attorney, and she has also served as a staff attorney at Florida’s Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Court. Bretton’s time as a judicial staff attorney not only honed her legal research, writing, and analytical skills, but also gave her a unique insight into the intricacies of trial and appellate practice.
Bretton is actively involved in the Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar, and she has authored multiple articles published in The Florida Bar Journal. She also serves as the Editor of Kubicki Draper’s "KD Quarterly." She was voted a Florida Super Lawyer "Rising Star" for 2013-2014.
Bretton was born and raised in Vero Beach, Florida. She earned her Bachelor of Arts, with highest honors, from Mississippi State University, and she earned her Juris Doctorate with honors, from the University of Mississippi School of Law, where she served on the Moot Court Board.
Professional Associations and Memberships: - The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section Pro Se Appellate Handbook. Editor (2014-Present) - The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section Pro Se Appellate Handbook. Assistant Editor (2013-2014) - The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section The Record, Assistant Editor (2013-2014)- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Appellate Practice Institute (ECAPI) Planning Committee (2012-2013)- The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section Assistant Editor, Florida Bar Journal submissions (2011-2013) - The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section Member, Publications Committee (2009-Present) - The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section Member, Continuing Legal Education Committee (2009-Present)- Dade County Bar Association
- Areas of Practice:
- - Appellate and Insurance Coverage
- - Claim Administration and Bad Faith
- - Automobile
- - Personal Injury Protection
- - Premises Liability
- - Construction Defects
- Bar Admissions:
- - 2006, State of Florida
- - 2013, U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- - University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, MS (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- - Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS (B.A., summa cum laude, 2003)
- Special Awards and Recognitions:
- - "AV Preeminent" Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- - Named Florida "Rising Star" by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine (2013-2014)
- Published Works:
- - Bretton C. Albrecht, Jumping the Gun: Premature Appeals in Civil
- Cases, 84 Fla. Bar J. 42 (March 2010)
- - Bretton C. Albrecht, Fee Simple: A Procedural Primer on Appellate Attorney's
- Fees and Costs, 87 Fla. Bar J. 24 (Feb. 2013)
- - Inside the Fifth District Court of Appeal, The Record, Vol. XVIII, No.2 (2010-2011
- updates by Bretton C. Albrecht)