November 7, 2018
Shuntal Dean is an associate at the Fort Lauderdale office of Kubicki Draper, where she focuses her practice on construction litigation, medical malpractice, wrongful death, products liability, premises liability, professional liability, and automobile negligence.
Shuntal obtained her Juris Doctor from The University of Mississippi School of Law, where she was an active member of the Moot Court Board, National Trial Team, and Dean’s Leadership Council. She was also an active member of the Appellate Advocacy Team for the Black Law Students Association. During law school, Shuntal received the American Jurisprudence Award in the Appellate Legal Clinic, where she represented indigent clients in criminal appeals.
Upon graduating in 2012, Shuntal began working at the Mississippi Court of Appeals, where she fulfilled two judicial clerkships. During her clerkships, Shuntal served as a spokesperson at oral arguments held at colleges and universities where she educated students about the role of appellate courts. She also regularly served as a volunteer judge for the annual state Mock Trial Competition.
Prior to law school, Shuntal attained a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Mississippi State University, where she was named on the Dean’s List and President’s List for her academic achievements.
Shuntal is admitted to practice in all state courts within Florida and Mississippi.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, MS (J.D., 2012)
Phi Alpha Delta; Moot Court Board; National Trial Team; Dean's Leadership
- Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS (B.S., 2008)
Dean's List; Presiden't List
- State of Mississippi, 2013
- State of Florida, 2016
- Certified Mediator - Mississippi Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Women Lawyers Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
Special Awards and Recognitions
- American Jurisprudence Award - Criminal Appeals Clinic
- Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Practice Areas