November 7, 2018
Katherine McGovern is an associate in Kubicki Draper’s Fort Lauderdale office.
Katherine attended Florida State University where she received a Bachelor’s of Arts in Political Science. During her undergraduate studies, she interned at the Florida State Capitol for Representative Will Weatherford of the 38th District.
During her legal studies at Nova Southeastern University, Katherine played an active role in the Student Bar Association. She was elected as a first, second and third year representative of the student body and was also elected as the Secretary of the Student Bar Association in her third year. Katherine was also a member of the National Security Association, the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, Christian Legal Society, and was the Recruitment Officer of the student chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
- Nova Southeastern University, Davie, FL (J.D., 2013)
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL (B.A., 2010)
- State of Florida, 2013
Certifications / Specialties
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor, State of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kubicki Draper Hospitality and Retail Practice Group, Member
- Florida Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
Speaking Engagements / Presentations
- "Premises Liability," Sedgwick, 2018
- "Florida 5-Hour Law and Ethics Update," Mercury, 2018
- Practice Areas