June 8, 2017
Congratulations to our 2017 Super Lawyers and Florida Rising Stars!
Brian E. Chojnowski | June 28, 2016
Brian Chojnowski, of the Tallahassee office, obtained a favorable trial result after a four day trial in Tallahassee. Our client was the third vehicle in a line of motor vehicles whereby a non-party 16-year-old driver may or may not have switched lanes in front of the Plaintiff’s car causing the Plaintiff to slam on his brakes. In turn, our client slammed on his brakes, but still hit the back of Plaintiff’s pickup truck. The impact was severe enough to bend the frame on the truck bed.
Plaintiff and his attorney thereafter claimed that the Plaintiff developed a traumatic brain injury, vertigo, a permanent neck injury, and had a wage loss claim. In addition, his wife filed a consortium claim. The Judge granted Brian’s motions for directed verdict on future lost income and future medical expenses.
Brian strategically asked the jury to award 50/50 liability against our client and the non-party in order to gain the jury’s trust and seem more credible as the evidence did not support comparative negligence against the Plaintiff. The jury returned a verdict that found our client 60% at fault and apportioned the other 40% to the non-party. The jury awarded only $5,689.91 in past medical expenses, $0 in past lost wages, did not find permanency, and no consortium award.
In 1963, Gene Kubicki founded the firm based on dedication to excellence. The same high standards have been maintained for over five decades -- years which have seen the firm’s ranks swell to over 100 attorneys.
Our team knows return clients are the life blood of any law firm and this is why we ensure client satisfaction by an exacting attention to service and quality. Client service coupled with a spectacular work ethic, makes our team hard to beat... Literally!
In response to the growing needs of its clients, the firm began expanding in the early 1980's and today is a diverse full-service law firm providing trial, appellate, coverage, commercial and real estate transaction services.
Kubicki Draper enjoys a national reputation for expertise in the handling of complex, high stakes litigation matters, as well as, appellate, general commercial and real estate practice.