November 7, 2018
Eric A. Fluharty focuses his practice on construction defect litigation and other construction related issues in the State of Florida.
Eric was born and raised in Ft. Myers, Florida and graduated from Bishop Verot High School in 2003. In 2007, Eric graduated from the College of Wooster in Ohio with a B.A. and went on to Florida Coastal School of Law where he graduated in 2010 with his Juris Doctorate Degree and received the Pro Bono Honors Award.
Eric began his law career as an Assistant Public Defender for the Twentieth Judicial Circuit where he successfully litigated cases within the Juvenile, criminal traffic, misdemeanor, and felony divisions. As a result, he has extensive experience in jury trials, bench trials, legal research, and motion practice. Eric's tenure with the Public Defender’s Office provided him with valuable experience he brings to civil defense.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL (J.D., 2010)
Pro Bono Honors Award
- College of Wooster, Wooster, OH (B.A., 2007)
- State of Florida, 2012
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2016
Certifications / Specialties
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor, State of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kubicki Draper Construction Practice Group, Member
- Florida Bar Association
- Lee County Bar Association
Speaking Engagements / Presentations
- "Construction Indemnity Contracts & Florida Statute 725.06" and "Chapter 558: Purpose, Procedures, Effectiveness and The Altman Decision," Mid-Continent, 2018
- Practice Areas