October 13, 2016
Deborah Bergin practices in various areas of defense with a focus on trial litigation. Deborah received her Juris Doctorate and Masters in Business Administration in 1999 after being dually enrolled at Stetson University.
Deborah began her legal career as an Assistant State Attorney with the Orange/Osceola County State Attorney's Office in 1999. Over the course of the next three years, she prosecuted misdemeanors, then felonies, including drug trafficking, drug possession, grand theft and fraud cases. Deborah tried over 20 cases to jury verdict and more than 50 non-jury cases.
Prior to joining Kubicki Draper, Deborah had her own private practice where she focused on handling insurance, tort and contract defense, including automobile negligence, premises liability, products liability, construction defect, and wrongful death claims. She has also handled commercial litigation involving contract disputes.
- Stetson University, St. Petersburg, FL (J.D., 1999)
- Stetson University, St. Petersburg, FL (M.B.A., 1999)
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (B.S., 1994)
- State of Florida, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2008
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor, State of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Speaking Engagements / Presentations
- "Florida Case Law Update", Star & Shield, 2016
- "Florida's Tort Threshold for Recovery of Non-Economic Damages", Personable, 2016
- "Claims Management Challenges and Settlement Strategies", Allstate, 2016
- "Risk Allocation: Contractual Indemnification, "Insured Contract" Coverage and "Additional Insured" Coverage & Restaurant and Fast Food Liability", CJW, 2015
- "Fraud & Abuse" The Hartford, 2014
- Practice Areas