November 7, 2018
Amy Ray joined Kubicki Draper after representing plaintiffs in cases involving various types of insurance disputes including disability income, life insurance, and health care claims. In combination with her background in human physiology and public health, Amy brings a wealth of experience in cases involving medico-legal issues and a unique perspective as a former plaintiffs’ attorney.
Amy has a diverse range of academic and professional experience. Prior to attending law school, she was a Special Agent and tactical EMT with the Drug Enforcement Administration. From this career, she brings finely honed investigative skills to complement her legal work.
Amy's Juris Doctor is from Stetson University College of Law and while in law school, she had the honor to intern at the Supreme Court of Florida in the Chambers of Peggy A. Quince. Amy was a Notes & Comments Editor for Stetson Law Review, recipient of the Victor O. Wehle award for outstanding performance in trial advocacy, and recognized with the William Blews Pro Bono award for over 650 hours of service during law school.
Outside of work, Amy enjoys spending time with her family and her dog and is a volunteer judge for Florida synchronized swimming.
- Stetson University (J.D., 2014)
Honors Program, Notes & Comments Editor for Stetson Law Review, recipient Victor O. Wehle Award for outstanding performance in trial advocacy, William Blews Award for pro bono service, Intern at the Supreme Court of Florida in the chambers of Justice Peggy A. Quince
- Northern Michigan University (B.A., 2003)
- Northern Michigan University (M.S., 2005)
magna cum laude
- Nova Southeastern University (M.P.H., 2013)
- State of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association Paraclete Magazine Editor
Speaking Engagements / Presentations
- Panel Member, Stetson Law Review Scholarship Luncheon, Morrow v. Balaski: Sheltering the School while Exposing the Injured, 2014
Past Employment Positions
- Intern at the Supreme Court of Florida in the chambers of Justice Peggy A. Quince
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer judge for Florida synchronized swimming.
- Practice Areas